[TR] TR2/3 spare tire compartment seal.

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Tue Apr 3 13:53:35 MDT 2012

Hello List:
Trying to figure out the seal orientation on the spare tire compartment
lid. I did check the archives (thanks Mark!) and sorry to say I am still
confused after reading the few messages on this topic.
I think I have it figured, but before I slather everything up with
weatherstrip sea, just wanted to verify the seal orientation.
I take it that the seal 'extension', the short flap that extends out
from the seal body, is oriented towards the spare tire opening, slightly
covering the sharp edge around the opening. It does not orient towards
the body.
On my '2 this seal was completely obliterated, so no reference.
Thanks for any help with this.
Angelo Graham