[TR] TR2/3 trunk lid seal

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Fri Sep 30 15:45:02 MDT 2011

Hello List:
Still at the 'little' details on my '2 project.
Got an 'early' trunk lid seal from TRF and used weather strip adhesive
to install the seal. Only had to use the adhesive on the top and part of
the side sections. The rest was a very tight fit.
Problem is that the seal is far too proud in the channel to let the lid
close properly. This is especially the case on the upper channel. I was
very careful to insure that the seal was seated in the channel.
Are you required to trim the seal on the base (channel side) to fit or
to accommodate the lid?
I checked the list archives and I followed the advice on orienting the
seal. The archives had no mention of trimming the seal height to allow
the trunk to close properly.
Any other experiences with this out there??
Thanks for your help.
Angelo Graham