[TR] greenish oil now ZDDP, dripping chambers

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 30 07:42:21 MDT 2011

My greenish oil is due to ZDDP.

Yeah, I accidentily flopped the summer/winter viscosity thing.

The biggest factor about the marine batteries is their height.  This one I
bought was more than an inch (or two) taller than Group 24 (or is it Group
27?) batteries, but, it was only 38 lbs!  (I need to road test the welding
on my battery box before I put anything any heavier in in.)  Perhaps more
importantly, it was only $58.00!  Still , the height was acceptable- but,
please DON'T LET ME CATCH YOU WALKING ON MY HOOD!  MY BONNET LIES OVER THE
OCEAN.

 What is it that Halomar does?  The rubber stuff, I think, throughout the
carbs has been replaced.  I wonder if two rubber washers along with the
steel washer under the head of the float chamber attachment bolt might stop
it from dripping gas?

Thanks, Paul
60 tre ts78316