[TR] Gas tank sending unit - wiring.

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 28 10:14:06 MDT 2011

> Should there be another black ground wire from one of the mounting
> screws going to a ground point somewhere on the body?

I don't believe the factory installed a ground wire.  However, I do think
it's a good thing to have.  I made up a suitable wire to attach to one of
the tank mounting bolts and the ground stud on the sender.  Since this area
gets hidden by the panels, even a concours judge couldn't object.

> The wiring diagram I have (TR2/3) shows both a green and a
> green/black
> wire serving the sending unit.

That's curious.  Where did you find that diagram?  All of the ones I've seen
show only the GB to the tank sender.

-- Randall