[TR] Greenish oil

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 15:14:46 MDT 2011

>Being an amateur, my ideas have offended some.  Sorry, about that!

As one who has read the bulk of your posts over the years, Paul, I can't remember one as being offensive.  On the contrary, you often provoked thoughtful and exciting debates.

Let me add to your thanks to the skillful mechanics and--well frankly, to my English major mind, other-worldly--engineers on the List who helped me keep my '3A on the road the past 10 years.  But let me say also that when I coached 8th grade basketball 30 years ago, at the end of the year I gave the "Ironman Award" not to the speedy guard or the big forward who scored all our points, but to the smallest kid on the team who rode the bench the entire season.  Courage isn't about looking like a hero, but acting like one.

Stay in touch.  ...And ask someone else about green oil!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire