[TR] Subject: Re Crankshaft

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 20:40:38 MDT 2011

Jim,

When the factory developed  the TR2, the Vangard rear crank seal was
upgraded with
the crank OD inside the seal cut with a thread, and the seal also  was
changed.  My Factory Vangard Service Instruction Manual shows two  seal
configurations in cross section drawings, but no mention of a change during
production.  The Manual is the third issue, with no date.

TR Regards,
Hardy

Subject:  [TR] Crankshaft
diggle at clear.net.nz
I had a motor that I donated  to another TR owner. The motor
had the oil dipstick in the wrong position  so I assume that
it was a Vanguard motor. I kept the crankshaft but am  not
sure if the crankshaft was out of that motor or not. as it
was  separated from the motor.

I have googled cranks and TR cranks were  cross drilled where
as Vanguard ones were not.

How do I tell what  the crank is out of?

Are there any photos on the web showing the  differences?

Jim and the soon to be engineless  TR4.