[TR] Greenish oil

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 25 18:45:45 MDT 2011

Hello!
I am again picking up my tools to continue on the rebuilding of my 1960 TR3
which I began about 8 years ago.  Most of you were on the list at that time
and I even recall being told by a fellow listee to not dare come to California
because seperating my caliper halves might jeopardize his life!  Being an
amateur, my ideas have offended some.  Sorry, about that!  I am thankful of
the advice many gave me, including the likes of Jack, Fred and others who are
now racing in heaven.
    Even though my TR is not togather yet or roadworthy,but, I have run the
professionally rebuilt engine about 40 hours since the rebuild   I've changed
oil several times already, but, today I drained about a quart out.  It seemed
green (no, not like anti-freeze) but kinda brownish, too.  Is this alright?  I
think it was Valvoline 10w-30.

I also hate to admit that I quit turning the engine over by-hand periodically
several years ago!

Thanks, Paul Dorsey in Athens, GA
       ts78316  I think!