[TR] Yippee - just got Stainless Steel bumpers for the TR2

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:26:12 MDT 2011

Harrington Group is a Vietnamese company offering stainless bumpers for a
number of vintage vehicles.  Easily googled and also active on eBay.  I
ordered stainless steel front bumper and f/r overriders for my TR3B from
Harrington Group a month or so ago.  Haven't mounted them yet, but did take
a number of photos of the stainless pieces in comparison to my originals.

In general, they're OK, but not excellent.  Very similar to the originals,
but also slightly different in almost every detail if one looks closely.
 The overriders, in particular, are more "square" at the ends.

The finish on the backside ispainted a medium gloss black and shows a few
runs and fingerprints in the wet paint.  The exterior polish is excellent
and defect free.  The packaging and shipping from Vietnam to the middle of
America was completely acceptable.

Here's a link to my album for those who'd like to take a look at them in
some detail.
http://4xdog.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=19174641&AlbumKey=xFCrx4

Regards,

Don