[TR] wiring question

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Sep 22 17:53:59 MDT 2011

When you say "a TR6 light switch arm on the steering column" what do you
mean? Beginning with the '73, the light switch is on the dash and the
FTP/High Beam switch is on the right side of the steering wheel. The wiring
for that set up is much different. '72 and earlier had the dimmer on the
floor.

In looking at the AAW schematics (http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf)
for the 250 & 6, the two blue wires on the 250 go into a bullet connector
and then 1 blue wire goes to the dimmer. On the 6 it's the same except it's
1 blue wire out of the switch to the dimmer. In both cases 1 blue wire to
the dimmer. The blue/white feeds the high beam indicator & the high beams
via the dimmer on both cars. They're really wired pretty much the same.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
1975 TR6 with: