[TR] 65 mph

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Tue Sep 20 18:11:09 MDT 2011

Ahhh.... The quintessential NYC experience, were you on to way to the Carnegie
Deli?

Just looked at the plugs on Tarbaby after a few drives at our new near- sea
level home, they are a little/lot on the black side. I expected as much so I
have leaned the SUs by two flats.  Did not change the needles as it was
recommended to leave them as stock when they were rebuilt at 6,000ft.

I haven't changed the timing from 6 BTDC, any other re-aclimation suggestions
would be appreciated.   FWIW I use the mid-grade gas, two octane points higher
here than in Utah

TIA,
Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

On Sep 20, 2011, at 2:18 PM, "spook01 at comcast.net" <spook01 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> The van wyck is traveled at high speed by nyc taxi drivers.
> It's old, and people in nyc don't drive much...its the only place I've ever
been where the cab driver swerved past a BMW driver trying to change a tire,
and knocked the bimmer door off the car!  As we blasted back across two lanes,
he turned and grinned...

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/spook01@comcast.net