[TR] 65 mph

Peter pfullam at nycap.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 22:02:15 MDT 2011

On the way to the VTR meeting at Valley Forge, we got onto I-276 for the
last stretch to the hotel. It was getting to be rush hour, so I got into the
fast lane, with a VW GTI in front and a cable TV van behind us. After a few
minutes I noticed the Armco was going by pretty fast, so I checked the
speedo: 100 mph, no shake, no vibrations, no drama. Then our exit came up
and we had to bail off. I still can't believe a cable van with two ladders
on the roof would go that fast, but by then I wasn't checking the mirror.

105 and change comes up once in a while, but even the interstates are too
crowded for much of that anymore. But on the same interstate, you have to go
80 to keep your place in line in rush hour.

Pete Fullam
CT19207LO