[TR] Oil in the radiator

Graybeal Design drew at graybealdesign.com
Thu Sep 15 21:23:01 MDT 2011

Hi Joe,

I would think any issue with the head gasket would produce gross overheating.
If the head gasket is at fault, you can move the radiator cap (when the engine
is cool) then run the engine, and observe bubbling and smell exhaust gas as
the bubbles pop. I don't know how oil would get in your radiator unless it was
already in the coolant. If there was a breech large enough to leak oil into
the cooling system...the water would have forced  through under pressure in
the direction of the oiling system first and that would be obvious.

I don't think you have any issues to worry about.