[TR] Oil in the radiator

Joe DeMuth jdemuth at ties2.net
Thu Sep 15 13:46:27 MDT 2011

OK gang, I need help. The TR3A is using water and it appears there is
oily water in the radiator. It does not look like there is water in
the oil. I did a compression check and have 150+ lbs/sq-in on all
cylinders. I am assuming a head gasket. Is there anything else that
could explain the symptoms, and is there any other testing I should do
before pulling the head? The gasket that is in the car currently is
about 6 years old. I rarely, if ever, drive the car faster than 65 mph.