[TR] I think my coil died

lgmtr6 lgmtr6 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 03:16:44 MDT 2011

John
You say the car is a 76 but has a ballast resistor? A stock 76 has a ballast resistor built into the harness. If you are running an additional ballast resistor, you may be cutting the voltage down twice. I'm not saying that the coil isn't bad, but check a proper wiring diagram and use a meter to check if you have correct voltage at the coil. This may be the cause of the failed coil.
Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Fla
58 TR3
73 Stag