[TR] I think my coil died

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Mon Sep 12 20:37:37 MDT 2011

    I took the TR6 out for gas and it ran great until the engine got
hot.  Then it stalled and all attempts to restart failed, although it
sounded like it wanted to catch.  I got towed home and a few hours
later, it started right up, but died once it got hot.  Does that sound
like a bad coil?  I have an NOS Lucas HP6 coil and was wondering if I
can use that.  My car is 76 with ballast resistor.  Can I use a 6 volt
coil, or do I need a special 12 volt coil?  Thanks very much,  John
Mitchell   76 TR6   72 Stag