[TR] tr-3 gas guage

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 12:41:31 MDT 2011

> Here is a link to a good MG guy, same gauges, that should be helpful.
> http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/fg_03.htm

I agree, except that the MG gauge isn't quite identical to the TR3 gauge.
The TR3 uses a slightly different range of resistances for the sender, hence
the resistors used during the calibration procedure are different.

> My question is:  do these half
> moons on
> the post plates go a certain direction such as toward each other or
> away
> from each other or towards the sensor that lays beside the posts and
> controls the needle.

The half moons are pole pieces, and need to face the piece that controls the
needle.  Close, but not quite touching.  The gap is what adjusts the
calibration of the gauge.

-- Randall