[TR] TR2/3 water pump repair.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 13:31:56 MDT 2011

> Better than tugging hard until the thing finally comes loose and flies
> forward into the radiator.

Just for clarity, I strongly recommend removing the pump from the car first,
and then removing the pulley at the bench.  The pump will come off with the
bolt still trapped between the pulley & pump; although you may have to undo
each fastener partially before removing any of them.

And IMO it should be a tight enough fit that some sort of puller (like
Geo's) is necessary.  But I just used an ordinary 'gear' puller, with a
small socket over the threaded portion of the shaft.

-- Randall