[TR] does the fan pull off the battery when the car's off?

Hdefer tr3 at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 5 14:45:28 MDT 2011

Ann.
Are you in a humid / cold climate? Is the inside  connector contact
surface to the battery terminal (shiny) clean? Make sure the connector
is good and tight. If these conditions are not met, a common symptom
is that the car will start just fine when cold but doesn't when hot. I
highly recommend those chemically treated felt rings that go on the
bat. terminals to prevent resistance build-up from the battery fumes,
to keep them clean. The other possibility is that your starter needs
work.
A quick and dirty way to check if your electical system is still
sneaking battery current, when ignition and all lights are off, is
removing the battery cable connector from the battery and see if it
sparks when you touch or strike it against the battery terminal. There
should be absolutely no sparking. If you are handy  with a voltmeter,
there  are better ways. Let me know.
I bought an electric fan with thermostat from Pep Boys for $79. A
real  lifesaver for those old English cars! Not that hard to install.
Al I had to do was remove the grill to mount it on the radiator.

Hans