[TR] Huge Progress (to me).

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Mon Sep 5 12:41:44 MDT 2011

List,
After a big setback on painting the engine compartment on my TR4A IRS and
ending up with a huge dose of fisheye.. I was able to get not only the engine
compartment painted, but the entire interior of the car including the trunk
all painted!!!
I invested in a better spraygun and had done some research on fisheye causes.
I washed the entire inside of the car with Dawn dishwashing soap before I
started sanding it and also afterwards too. If I had some chicken bones I
would have thrown them under the thing too but the fisheye is gone!!! I guess
if Dawn works on ducks with crude on them, fisheye is nothing.. What is in
that stuff??
I posted some pictures on my website if you want to check it out. Go to the
progress page and click on the top link. I can't believe I have the tub now
ready to drop back on the frame. Hopefully, I can get that done next weekend.
Just it time for the one who must be obeyed to have her garage spot back just
before winter... Her car is 4 years old and has never been in the garage. Yea,
I know...
Regards,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS