[TR] 1972 Triumph TR6 spark plug question

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 23:33:39 MDT 2011

Try this test.

With a cold engine.  Start the car, turn the heater valve on full
blast and CAREFULLY feel the upper hose and compare its temp to the
temp of the heater hoses as the car warms up.  At some point the
heater hoses should be hotter than the upper hose e.g. right before
the thermostat is about to open.  If there is no temp differences of
the hoses after the car has run awhile then the thermostat is probably
stuck open.  Once the car has warmed up completely the hoses should be
about equal temp and HOT so watch it.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net