[TR] Red Line Oil

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:34:00 MDT 2011

On 10/28/11 8:03 AM, Andrew S. Mace wrote:

> That's the old designation.  The red line stuff surpasses it.
>
> ==AM==
> Call me stubborn or old-fashioned or whatever, but:
>
> a: Triumph called for an EP rated gear oil for their differentials.
> b: On their own web site, Red Line says: "MTL, MT-85 and MT-90 are not for use
> in differentials with hypoid gears."

That's why Redline has a couple pages of gear oils available:

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=4

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=8

It appears you were looking on the page for gearbox oils

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=7

and not differential oils.

Teriann, with MT-90 in the gearbox and 75W90 gear oil in the diff.