[TR] Driving Gloves

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 27 12:02:36 MDT 2011

I visited not just one store, but many, before I found a pair that suited
me.  What I wound up with were "motorcycle racing" gloves, with a full
leather palm and a stretchy "breathable" backing, somewhat like imitation
Gore-Tex.  They came with a big padded logo across the knuckles, which I
promptly removed (by cutting the stitches that held it on).  Adequate
protection (IMO) down to about 30F.

Unfortunately, that was some 15 years ago and they are badly worn now.  But
the company that made them no longer offers that style and so far at least,
I've not had any luck finding replacements that suit me.  My hands & fingers
are kind of short and fat; and I despise gloves that are too long, or too
thick.

-- Randall