[TR] TR4A - Gear Oil Question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 13:06:24 MDT 2011

> That's what I have in my TR3 gearbox and differential.  My philosophy
> is
> that if it doesn't leak put redline in it.

But note that Redline makes different oils for gearbox and differential.
Good stuff, no doubt, but I follow their recommendation NOT to use MT-90 (or
MTL) in differentials.

(Actually, I use Valvoline Synpower in my diffs. GL5 for better protection,
and none of the additive that can damage yellow metal.  And it's half the
price of Redline.  And I can buy it at some Autozone, O'Reillys, Pep Boys
etc.)

-- Randall