[TR] GT6 ignition light

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Oct 24 06:37:36 MDT 2011

In a message dated 10/23/2011 1:52:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
ols at bcdef.net writes:
> I just put the TR3 away for the season and have brought the GT6 out of
> hibernation and found a (hopefully) small problem.
>
> The GT6 started right up and seems to run OK, but the ignition light is on
> and
> stays on regardless of the engine speed.

A lot can happen in hibernation.  The first things to check are all the
connections at the alternator and the regulator.  The push-on connectors can
loose connection due to corrosion and w little wiggle can restore that.  It's
easy to do and costs nothing.  Unplug them and replug them to clean the
connections.

If you have a generator you may have lost residual magnetism and may need
to "flash" the coil.  Do this by pulling the smaller wire off of the
generator and using a jumper wire briefly connect that terminal of the generator to
the hot side of the battery.  Just a quick tap is sufficient.

Do these before you buy any replacement parts.  Easy and cheap. (just like
me)

Dave