[TR] TR6 HVDA transmission conversion throw out bearing

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Oct 17 17:12:06 MDT 2011

I thought the original T/O bearing was from McLeod which worked great early
on but over time their QA went down hill and the recent ones were failing. I
got one of the last McLeod T/O bearings and it failed right out of the box
during testing while the car was still on jack stands. Herman was in the
process of testing in his own car a new T/O bearing from Quarter Master so
he sent me one to test along with him. It did require a different Pressure
Plate as the QM unit is flat faced and therefore needs a bent finger
pressure plate. I've had 3 full driving seasons with it and not a drop of
fluid has been added.

If you check out this page, it will show the difference between the two
bearings & pressure plates:

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/5SpeedInstallation.htm

This page gives you a good look at the QM unit:

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/5SpeedCriticalMeasurements.htm

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org