[TR] TR4A Two Speed Wiper Motor

Brian Thomas thomasb at queensu.ca
Mon Oct 17 15:06:46 MDT 2011

Hi,

I had the two speed wiper motor professionally rebuilt last winter
and installed it before the driving season started.  I checked the
motion with out arms installed and it appeared to be appropriate.

Fast forward to our drive to Stowe this fall where we encountered
heavy rain in Lake Placid, and ... wipers that weren't close to
working correctly - than God for Rain-X!

During the install, I neglected to notice the positioning of the dome
limit switch.  I'm sure this is not in the correct location.

The dome has a raised "pimple" which is supposed to be located
opposite a mark I should have made  before disassembly - obviously I
didn't do this.

Can someone with a left-hand drive 4A with working 2 speed wipers
have a look at the position of the pimple and let me know what it
relate to?  Maybe assume the drive to the wiper boxes in at 12 o:clock.

... or if someone knows of a site where this is explained?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Thomas                    E-mail: ThomasB at QueensU.Ca
Holliday Point                  Phone:  613-385-1947
Wolfe Island,  Ontario          Toys:   54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67
TR4A,  01 XKR,  75 John Deere 920
CANADA   K0H 2Y0