[TR] Cleaning alluminum castings

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Tue Oct 11 18:23:17 MDT 2011

Well,
I wouldn't say they are crusted with anything but I was looking for a way to
lightly etch the outer surface to try and bring back that new casting look.
I am not a big fan of polished carb bodies. I thought I read on the list
where someone had used CLR to clean a set of rear brake adjusters and they
turned out looking brand new.
I have a old set of Zenith-Stromburgs that I could experiment on. I just
want to do the outside surfaces.
I'll check out the link you sent.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt