[TR] TR 3 on PanAm

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Tue Oct 11 15:46:35 MDT 2011

I feel bad for those families that have to see that reminder.  Looks like the
ratings are dropping fast, doubt it will make it to the end of the season.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Oct 11, 2011, at 2:18 PM, "Bob Danielson" <75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
wrote:

> Somewhat off subject but I have to say this......
>
> This is one of those shows that people react differently to........ our very
good friend's 18 year old daughter was on Pan Am 103 that was blown up over
Lockerbie so when I saw that there was going to be a TV show named Pan
Am........ I was outraged as were they and all of the other families affected
by the bombing. The network could have chosen any name for the show, including
a fictional airline name but they chose to capitalize on their name
"recognition".  It's bad enough that the families never know when the picture
of the Pan Am nose section crushed on the ground will show up on their TV to
wreck their day but now they have to put up with advertisements for the show.
One of the famous pictures from that tragedy was of a Christmas nutcracker
(the ones that look like a soldier) half buried in the mud of the Lockerbie
field. That nutcracker belonged to Tricia and was to be a Christmas present
for her parents. Eventually it was given to them and they gave it to me to
restore, as best I could. Holding that item in my hand was an unnerving
experience that I'll never forget. Here's hoping the ratings for the show suck
and it'll be off the air real soon.

> Bob
>

> Bob Danielson
> http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
> 1975 TR6 with:
> Throttle Body Injection
> Toyota 5 Speed
> Nissan Diff & CVJs
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Frank Fisher
> Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:34 AM
> To: David Templeton
> Cc: triumphs at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [TR] TR 3 on PanAm
>
> i was about to ask the list if its owner is one of us?
> it turned up in the first episode in "London" as it drove by, but was in the
German episode a lot.