[TR] Lucas fuel conditioner for ethanol and Stabil for fuel preservation

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Oct 10 19:20:41 MDT 2011

List,

So, I am making the switch to Brad Penn motor oil since TRF is now selling it.  I have been using ZDDP with Castrol 20W/50, figured I would make this change.  Don't want to start any discussion on that topic!

I am using Shell gasoline in my 72 Triumph TR6 which is 10% ethanoyl.  I have replaced all fuel lines with replacements from Moss.  Since TRF appears to have done some testing on the conditioner, I have started using it during the year.

My question is, each winter when I get ready to store the TR, I have been placing Stabil in the tank to keep the fuel from gumming up.  In all my motors, I either run them dry or use it.  Never had an issue.

My question is, does the conditioner substitute for the Stabil, and if not, any issue with using them together?

Thanks,

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6
Vienna, VA