[TR] the GT6 has run again!

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Wed Oct 5 19:35:49 MDT 2011

This has been a long journey.  Last year I took my GT6 off the road
(again) because of a screaming noise from the gearbox.  I had a
machine shop put a hardened sleeve on the end of the mainshaft, then
I re-assembled and installed it, and took it for a test drive.  Just
a short drive around the block convinced me that something wasn't
right.  That something turned out to be a circlip that wasn't seated.

The next re-assembly took much longer than I would have liked, and
even after I put it back in the car time didn't give much opportunity
to test drive it.  Howver last weekend I got that opportunity and it
passed the test.  So on Monday I decided to drive it to work, a 100-
mile round trip.  It made the entire trip successfully!  It didn't
break, it stayed quiet, shifted smoothly.

It was a good day.

Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com