[TR] Brooklands windscreens

Anthony Cascio allegrorover at mac.com
Wed Nov 30 10:21:44 MST 2011

As far as I know there are two ways to fit them on a TR3,
1. The aftermarket Brooklands come with some stancion type mounts that screw into the body of the car, I have seen many of those type mounts
2. Some cars (mine for one) had predrilled holes with the captured nuts underneath which must have been installed at the factory as far as I know, I can't imagine anyone installing captured nut and cages after delivery.

The problem with the aftermarket mounts is that you can't put the windscreen on with them installed, with the "factory mounts" you can.

I personally searched for about 18 months before finding a pair of what I believe to be "factory" mounts and actually borrowed them from the owner of the car and had them reproduced
You won't believe this but I actually went to the Brooklands race track in England and they had many examples of windscreens that were mounted on various cars (mostly MG's) but couldn't answer my question about "factory mounts", but it was a very interesting place with a great history.
Possibly John McCartney can clarify whether the factory ever installed Brookland type windscreens on any of the cars built.
If you want photos of what mine look like let me know off list

Tony Cascio
58 TR3A
TS27093L
allegrorover at mac.com