[TR] TR3 windshield wiper wheelbox

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Nov 30 05:58:25 MST 2011

In a message dated 11/29/2011 9:08:25 PM Central Standard Time,
trglory at verizon.net writes:
> Can the hard rubber wheelbox spacers under the dash be replaced without
> removing the heater? After 53 years, mine disintegrated and crumbled into
> pieces that fell  on my leg while the wipers were flailing in all
> different
> directions. It was kind of humorous to watch, but at the same time I had a
> little tear in my eye because I knew what the result was going to be. At
> my
> age (much older than the car), I don't have any burning desire to
> dismantle
> the dash.

I don't think you have to remove the heater but you will have to remove the
glove box.  And you may have to disconnect the defroster ducts and maybe
even the defroster vents themselves.  Still a PITA but a lot less work than on
a TR6.

Dave