[TR] 6 won't run below 1500 rpm revisited...

Graybeal Design drew at graybealdesign.com
Sun Nov 27 12:22:42 MST 2011

I'm new to this email list and I'm realizing that I'm going to get
correspondence from you all directly, before it appears publicly. Even though
I've already returned email to these suggestions, I'm going to respond here
for the benefit of anyone that might find this info useful. When I mentioned
that the motor wouldn't run below 1500, I meant that literally as opposed to
idling at that speed. I had to manually hold the throttle open to make it run.
With the suggestion Dave made, I've plugged off the vacuum retard and I'm now
getting the high idle condition that Chad has referred to (suggesting a vacuum
leak caused by a malfunctioning compensation valve). I've ordered the
diaphragms Chad suggests and I'm going to reset my timing to 12 BTDC as Dave
suggested. I think this is going to do it. In advance...thanks to all for your
input. This is a very valuable mailing list. Drew