[TR] Skirted thermostats

Hdefer tr3 at roadrunner.com
Fri Nov 25 16:56:34 MST 2011

I recently put in a new improved radiator (no crank hole) and am
having a hard time getting up to anywhere near the 180 deg. temp. for
my TR3A to run properly. Consequently, I have to run with the "choke"
pulled out, unless the outside temp. is 80 + degrees. I have a non-
skirted 180 deg. thermostat with the by-pass partially plugged as was
recommended by someone from the list. This made me conclude that
skirts should not only be on the fairer sex and Scotsmen but also on
TR3 thermostats. Last time I checked in the Moss catalog (the only
one I could find that is still selling them) the cost was $115+ with
tax and shipping. Looking at the thermostat that I have, it looks
like modifying it with a skirt , would be quite doable. Has anyone
any info. on this?
Hans
TR3A