[TR] TR3 Turn Signal Gremlin

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Mon Nov 21 23:34:36 MST 2011

     This is the second time this has happened. Tonight I switched out the rear
left turn signal lens on my TR3A. It is a red car and I put a yellow lens on
because I think that it looks nicer. The turn signal worked fine before. I have
a buzzer hooked in to the turn signal to remind me that it is on. Now the right
turn signal works fine but the left makes the buzzer beep once and then gives me
a weak and a little rapid turn signal without the buzzer. Last time this
happened I changed out the flasher and it has worked fine for several years. It
is like something in the rear turn signal causes the flasher to short out. I am
thinking about adding an additional ground if I haven't already, but perhaps
that is not the problem. Any suggestions?

     -Bill in Tehachapi