[TR] Fwd: Re: Mystery Smoke Update

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Mon Nov 21 19:42:21 MST 2011

On 11/21/2011 7:24 PM, Alex wrote:
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> Dew point and temperature has been considered in this way. If it
> indeed caused the condensation problem, why then is it only on my TR3.
> My car has been parked next to 10 + TR3's at a show who all just drove
> as far as I have and my car is the only one with the issue. My car is
> running very rich to the point of going to a leaner needle.
>
> My carbs are like ice cube cold to the touch.

Interesting...

In general, the cooling effect comes from a temperature drop associated
with pressure drop...just like your air conditioner.  So, it's possible
that your venturi is somehow restricted...

Or, excess fuel is keeping the intake air cool.  But it seems to me that
that would take a ~lot~ of excess fuel.  I'm too lazy to drag out my
Heat Transfer text, but it's a function of mass, for the most part.
What kind of fuel mileage did you get on that trip?

Just more thinking out loud...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.