[TR] Mystery Smoke Update

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sun Nov 20 21:50:43 MST 2011

No great suggestions, but a question - when you did the compression
test, did you have the throttle butterflies open?  If you don't open
up the carbs you'll get low readings.  (Don't ask me how I know... :) )

I have no clue on the moisture on the carbs / intake.  But, I'd start
by getting the mixture under control - if the plugs are black but
sooty (not oily), try dialing back on the richness and see what
happens.  Check the floats too.

Tony