[TR] Rostyle

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 12:33:59 MST 2011

Thanks.

My brain is starting to come around.

There were two kinds of styled steel wheels on the MG Midgets:

One was the Rostyle which were like the ones for the MGB, and do resemble the Rostyle wheel covers on Triumphs.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/296019043/

The other was different style which apparently had no cousin in the MGB.  They were used in the round-arch days, I think.  THESE were the ones said to resemble the Paddy Hopkirk wheels.  Maybe they themselves had something to do with Paddy Hopkirk himself.  I had these with my 1966 Midget, but I'm sure they came from a later car.

Sorry for any confusion my previous memory (or indeed, my current memory) causes.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier