[TR] small wiring harness

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 16 19:40:19 MST 2011

> seem to find the
> small wiring harness that goes from the steering box to the
> horns/turn signals

Sounds like you are looking for P/N 502355.  However, it's a lot longer than
24", more like 10 feet, because it has to run from the control head down
through the steering box and then back up to the junctions behind the horn.

TRF has it on sale for $45.  However, I wasn't very happy with the last one
I got from them.  The wires had the correct extra-thin insulation, but the
outer cloth jacket seemed thicker and looser than the original, which made
it very difficult to work it through the stator tube.  After actually
breaking one of the wires, I tried using "wire pulling lubricant" from Home
Depot, which seemed to work well.

However, after just a few years, it appears that the lubricant has hardened
and the harness is now permanently stuck inside the stator tube.  I was able
to re-use it by leaving it stuck in the tube, but heat is the only way I can
think of to get it out.

-- Randall