[TR] Did 1969 tr6 come with cheesy hubcaps?

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 14:26:25 MST 2011

What no-one has mentioned on this issue that apart from looking awful and
totally unconvincing, they always rattled like hell. I've still got ten covers
in good condition for a 2.5PI if anyone wants to make me an offer I can't
refuse?

Jonmac

http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk/
'list Triumph' <triumphs at autox.team.net>
>Sent: Tuesday, 15 November 2011,
3:33
>Subject: Re: [TR] Did 1969 tr6 come with cheesy hubcaps?
>
>The TR250
and early TR6 did come with cheesy hub caps and extended mounting
>studs; but
they didn't look at all like TR3 hubcaps.  Instead they had 5
>fake lug nuts
and 5 chrome "spokes" on a black background, to give the
>impression of a
5-lug alloy wheel.  #7 here:
>http://fwd4.me/0gnM
>
>Maybe someone added TR3
hubcaps?

>Kind of rare and NLA for a long time I believe, so the caps might
be worth
>something if they are in good condition (or easily restored).
>
>--
Randall

http://www.team.net/donate.html
http://www.team.net/forums