[TR] Did 1969 tr6 come with cheesy hubcaps?

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 20:00:02 MST 2011

The early TR6 did indeed come with mag-style wheel covers. In fact, they
were a trademark of many of the higher performance vehicles that Triumph
produced in the '69-78 era. My dad's '70 Vitesse had them (but 13"), as did his
 '70 2.5PI saloon and his later Stag. They were on the TR5 (TR250), the GT6
Mk.2  (at least in UK and Euro markets). At the time, they were definitely
not  considered cheesy, and I still look at them with an element of
nostalgic  admiration. Something tells me they are worth nothing, but nevertheless
liked by  many, at least those Triumph enthusiasts who remember them when
they were new. I  am thrown off by your reference to long wheel studs, though.
The original early  wheel covers were not held on by studs; they just
clipped on like any other  wheel cover.

Tim

There are 4 hubcaps in the trunk. It looks like they riveted tr3  hubcaps to
cheesy mag wheel covers.  The rims also  have overly long wheel cover studs.
A friend thinks they could be tr250 rims  and covers and postulates that
they may have some been on the early  six.

Any value to  these?

triumphs at autox.team.net

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums