[TR] Ammeter shunt

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Wed Nov 9 07:29:25 MST 2011

Anthony,

I've got the same kit and installed it this past summer on my TR4A.
I followed the instructions for the "shunt option" (described on page 9 of the
booklet) to a "T", and the stock ammeter just doesn't move.
At one point I went so far to confirm that the reconditioned ammeter was
actually working, which it was.

>From all appearances, I surmise that the shunt option from the Master's
instructions just doesn't leave enough current to flow through the ammeter.
In other words, the shunt actually carries all the charge, instead of roughly
half, leaving hardly anything for the ammeter.

In the end, I installed a voltmeter.

If you do a shunt, use Randall's approach, as it might actually work.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com