[TR] TR4A - Compression Check Numbers

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Tue Nov 8 19:24:36 MST 2011

Guy,
Those are great numbers.  I went with the 87mm pistons when we re-built the
TR3 3,000 miles ago and I just checked the compression last weekend
150-155psi and I am very happy.

Obviously, compression numbers will vary dependant on the compression ratio
but for a relatively stock engine I would say 165psi is a real good number.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566