[TR] TR3A fuel troubles

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 8 06:26:13 MST 2011

Tim,

If, after you check your coil and condenser as suggested, and you still
have the same problem, take a look at the float valves.

I had a similar problem on my TR3 fitted with the Grose jets and one or
both were always getting stuck and preventing fuel flow. The car would
start just fine, but after idling while I closed the garage door and I
attempted to drive out the driveway, the car would stumble and finally
stall. Examination of the float bowl showed one or both were empty. I
finally fixed the problem by fitting original float valves.

I could never figure out why the jet would stick closed but they did.

Bob