[TR] TR4A - Fan temperature threshold question

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 7 14:29:40 MST 2011

Guy,

I would say about 190 is about as high as you would want the temp to go.
The temp gauge on my 3 is 185 in the middle. I have always thought that
185 is the norm,high for both the 3 and 4 engines. However, the 4 is in
graded in celsius and the middle reads 70 which is about 165 fahrenheit.

I have never measured the actual temperature in either car but I use 165
thermostats from TRF and guess I am running about 165 - 170. Both cars
stay right in the middle or a little less no mater how hot outside or
how I am driving.

Bob