[TR] 1972 Triumph TR6 spark plug question

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 11:39:31 MST 2011

Dave,

Nice of you to respond.  I just found another member of the list who lives locally to me and he has the same exact issue.  When he put a infrared thermo on it, the temp was right, the gauge was wrong.

That is where I am headed next, going to stick a thermometer in there after I drive it and get a temp.

Thanks,

Craig

Nov 7, 2011 01:34:45 PM, Dave1massey at cs.com wrote:

In a message dated 11/7/2011 8:45:00 AM Central Standard Time,
thenicholls at verizon.net writes:
> Replaced thermostat yesterday, no change in temp gauge reading. Where
> should I head to next?

Did you verify the gauge reading? Maybe the engine is getting up to
temperature but the gauge is reading low.

Dave

triumphs at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive