[TR] 1972 Triumph TR6 spark plug question

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 11:06:06 MST 2011

Replaced thermostat over the weekend, no change.

Also suggested was the voltage stbilizer (the one behind the speedo). I was advised it was connected to the fuel and thermo gauge. The fuel gauge is fine, and the thermo does work, once warm, it comes out of the clear bos on the left of the gauge and is in the painted while part at the lowest level. Prior, it always ran in the 6 PM range right in the middle.

Since the gauge has no temperature numbers, even if I take the temperature reading in the radiator, I have no idea what it should be. What is the "normal" range for it to run?

Also was suggested to replace the sensor. I tried last year to order one from TRF and replace it, but the new one did not fit, so I cleaned up the old one and put it back. All the big 3 only list one for my car, so I am not sure why it would not fit and I never had time to find out.

At least if I got a reading on the temp from the radiator I would at least know I am not running cold (which I don't really think is possible).

Any other ideas appreciated.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6