[TR] Hand Brake left on

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 7 04:52:27 MST 2011

Same thing I did to wire up a Lucas period reverse light on my TR3A. When
you put the car in reverse the back up light goes on. I made a simple
mounting bracket that is attached to the tranny. The bracket holds a TR6
brake light switch. The switch is activated when the lever from the shifter
extends out after the tranny is shifted into reverse and of course goes out
when it is taken out of reverse. Works like a charm. Looks great too. The
light is located to the right of the license plate and is mounted with a
chrome bracket I made that is attached to the bumperette bracket. The other
side has an identical Lucas light with a red lens (fog light) that is
controlled from a period switch that is mounted on the TR3A factory radio
stand that is mounted to the tranny tunnel.