[TR] Exhaust header/manifold ceramic coating

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 2 14:04:49 MST 2011

Terry,

I had both my TR3 and TR6 manifolds plasma coated by a firm somewhere in
Birmingham, AL. Cant remember the name but I could find it if you need it.

Here is a photo link of the 6 manifold.

http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/44921/2253705800084399925S600x600Q85.jpg

The coating is applied using a torch and it is of zinc composition.

I think there are other colors available.

The 3's manifold, after 4 seasons, looks just the same.

If I remember correctly, the firms says the coating helps keep some heat
out of the engine compartment.

Bob