[TR] TR4A - Replacing Windshield Wiper Blades

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun May 15 08:53:34 MDT 2011

All,

OK... I got new wiper blades with the rest of a recent Moss order, and can't figure out how to remove the old ones from the wiper arms.
There is a little button thing which I have depressed, and then pulled, but it didn't work.
I also noticed that the blades will rotate, with some force.  What is the secret to removing these stubborn things?

Also, just eyeballing the replacements I wonder if they will go on.  The channel for the wiper arm seems too narrow, as the wiper arm itself seems wider than the channel.
Also do not see a hole in the new blades for that button to come up through.
Did they send me the wrong blades?

p.s.  Can anyone tell me on the Lucas DR3A wiper motor, which terminal (1 or 2) is for "fast", and which is for "slow"?  Need to know for wiring purposes from the switch.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO